The Security Association of South Africa (SASA) is nationally recognised by the Government, South African Police Service and all Municipalities as having members with a proven track record within the industry and a Code of Ethics, by which members must abide.
Other key benefits of SASA Membership include:
- Discounted rates on training courses related to the security sector.
- Liability insurance at reduced rates
- Branch seminars and events at reduced rates.
- Industry representation at major local and international industry exhibitions.
- Personal contact and networking opportunities with other security practitioners.
- Access to a comprehensive security library managed by UNISA.
- COID assistance at reduced rates
- Change to: Representation at CCMA and assistance with labour related matters at reduced rates, through independent “officials” of SASA
- Liaison with government bodies to ensure members are kept informed of all proposed legislation and relevant statutes pertaining to the industry.
- Liaison with related bodies in South Africa and overseas affiliated associations ensure continuity of knowledge on the latest developments on security.
- PR, Media and Marketing opportunities.
- Full access to the SASA National Website.
- Access to a central administration office which provides personal contact with all members where you are a name and not a number.
- Free subscription to the Security Focus magazine, the official journal of SASA.
- Representation at a local and national government level through a recognised body.